Monday, December 3, 2007

Frugal Gift # 6 ~ Decorated notebook and drawing supplies

An easy, fun and economical gift is a decorated notebook. We usually buy them when they go on sale for 10 cents and then have them on hand for whenever needed. For this particular gift I covered the front with blue felt (using hot glue) and then put a yellow star with a Z for Zachery (the recipient) on it. I have also have decorated notebooks using colored foamies ( One foamie for the back and then others cut to whatever shape we desired and glued on.) For this gift we also included a container with stickers, pencils, a fancy pen and markers. These sort of things can be picked up very inexpensively when school supplies go on sale.
For Zachery, Mara also made this little bag to hold a small game. A bag like this could also be used to hold the drawing supplies.
If you have posted about gift ideas lately, I would love to know about it. Or just let me know what you have been making, I love new ideas.
To see more of my gift ideas go here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks so much for posting this original and unique article. I can't tell you how many times I've visited blogs
from Google and they've got nothing on them but crappy ads and false information that's unereliable. I don't
normally comment on blogs, but I just thought that i'd drop you a line and tell you that I think you're doing a fantastic job.
Thanks! if you want, you can check out my blog at Stihl Chainsaws

Anonymous said...

Hey. I really like the blog. I submitted it to reddit and digg because i think more people need to read it! Also, I have a blog too if you want to check it out. It's called Pioneer Amplifier

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin