Sunday, December 27, 2009

Speaks-to-me-Sunday


"Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
Cease to do evil, Learn to do good;
Seek justice, Reprove the ruthless;
Defend the orphan, Plead for the widow.
"Come now, and let us reason together,"
Says the Lord,
"Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool."
Isaiah 1:16-18

When reading this verse lately what jumped out at me was the admontion to Learn to do good, to defend the orphan and plead for the widow. I am feeling more and more burdened to figure out ways to help those that are hurting. This is an area that I reallly want to grow in! It is something that I want to be an example in to my children- they are at a point in their lives where they are learning so much. I want them to learn to do good and to help others.

The last verse is such a beautiful one and one that is brought to mind with our weather lately! I love all of our snow and the fact that it reminds us that God takes our lives which are red with sin and makes them white, pure and clean like snow! 

What do you glean from these verses?

1 comment:

Bonnie Williams said...

Sweet picture! Great Words! I too pray that we will know how to be kind and loving to those who are hurting. Maybe praying more daily not just for those that we know but also on a generic basis for all of the hurting in the world and for God's guidance to reach out in the best way when an opportunity comes our way.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin