Saturday, March 5, 2011

Teaching of kindness on her tongue.... my hope.

 "Strength and dignity are her clothing,
and she smiles at the future.
She opens her mouth in wisdom,
and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.
She looks well to the ways of her household,
and does not eat the bread of idleness."
Proverbs 31:25-27

The woman described in Proverbs 31 is altogether inspiring to me. That is what I want to be like. I have a long way to go but that is my goal. Today those verse above really stood out to me. I want to be one that has strength and dignity that is just a part of me. I don't think I have a problem with smiling at the future. I am an optimist and that comes pretty easily for me- I hope it is always that way.

What a neat tribute to say that when she opens her mouth it is wisdom that comes out. I have so far to go in that area but Lord willing, I can learn how to speak wisdom! One of my big goals right now is learning to watch my tongue. I want to always have the teaching of kindness on my tongue!

 Last week as I (and others) focused on making our homes a haven, I was trying to look well to the ways of my household. I so enjoyed the week of really focusing on that. I don't want to be idle and I want to follow the Proverbs 31 Ladies example in that too!
What is most notable to you in these verses?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin