Sunday, June 8, 2014

We Have a God Who Gives Rest and Peace

 As I mentioned another day we are going through a very busy time in our lives and sometimes it can feel a bit overwhelming and we are at times very exhausted. During those sort of times I find such a peace and rest in remembering who God is and how He has everything under control.

  There are different ways that I am reminded of the greatness of God - By noticing His creation (some of that beauty you can see in the pictures in this post), reading His word and through music in which He is glorified. There are other ways too but those are the three that I have really been appreciating lately and that I thought I would share with you today.
 Here is a verse that tells of God's power that I was blessed by in my Bible reading this morning:

  "It is He who made the earth by His power,
Who established the world by His wisdom,
and by His understanding He stretched out the heavens."
Jeremiah 51:15

This morning I was also very blessed by a song that we sung at church. It is one I had heard before but not for a long time and I don't think I had ever played it or really sung it before. I really appreciated it's message though. Here is a link to the words and music and then you can see the video and hear it below.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

What a beautiful sharing of the Lord's grace and peace!!!
Take care and have a wonderful week!!

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed that song, also. We don't think we have ever heard it before. Enjoyed listening to it on here. It seems to be in a higher key than the music you played on Sunday. Mom

Anonymous said...

We really enjoyed that song, also. We don't think we have ever heard it before. Enjoyed listening to it on here. It seems to be in a higher key than the music you played on Sunday. Mom

Erin said...

Wow. I haven't heard that song in a long time. What a blessing!

Thank you for this post, Abbi. I've been feeling pretty down lately and it really encouraged me. I enjoy your blog so much!

Abbi said...

I am glad that you all found this encouraging too! Thanks for taking the time to visit!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin