Sunday, August 28, 2016

What treasures did you find in God's Word this past week?
Today all of my treasures are from 1 and 2 Thessalonians. I have read through those books several times this month as I try to understand them more and gain new insight. They are a blessing.

What did a read that caused me to worship God more?
"But the Lord is faithful, and He will strengthen and protect you from the evil one." 2 Thess. 3:3

What a wonderful promise! I am so thankful that God is faithful. No matter what goes on in our life He is there, he can strengthen us and protect us. That is a reason to worship!

What Scripture touched me?
"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word." 2 Thess. 2:16-17

As we strive to work for Him, Jesus Christ comforts us and strengthen's us.

What prompts me to action?
"For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order; I anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either. For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing not work at all, but acting like busybodies. How such persons we command and exhort in the Lord Jesus Christ to work in quiet fashion and eat their own bread. But as for you, brethern, do not grow weary of doing good." 2 Thess. 3:10-13

Work is a good thing. We don't want to grow weary in doing good. I am thankful for scriptures like these that encourage me in that.

What interesting fact did I read?
"You also became imitators of us and of the Lord, having received the word in much tribulation with the joy of the Holy Spirit, so that you became an example to all the believers in Macedonia and in Achaia." 1 Thess. 1:6 & 7

I think this is neat to read and just to think about how people can change and/or how God has blessed each one of us with different strengths and weakness. I say this thinking about the veres in Acts 17:11 which says that the Bereans were more noble that the Thessalonicans because the examined the scriptures carefully making sure that what they were taught was correct.

So much to learn in God's word.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin