Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Time to Go to the Woods- Waiting for Sap to Run

Aaron, my right hand man and his sidekick, Amos
I have been getting to spend a little more time out in the woods lately and I have been loving it! Something about the sunny days as Spring heads our way just make me want to get outside. I tend to like to do things with a purpose in mind however (I am pretty goal oriented - probably more than I should be) and so that is why I really love tapping maple trees in the Spring. It is a productive reason to be outside when the weather is calling me out there anyway.

   Unfortunately we do not have much of anything in the way of Maple trees on our property (we have tried planting a few little seedlings. But my parents have maple trees and so we have been going over there to tap trees and check how things are going. We have had some really lovely days but they have also been interspersed with cooler days and some quite chilly nights and so the sap hasn't really started running very much. But we have trees tapped and waiting. It is nicer to be ahead of schedule than to be working to get them tapped at the last minute.
Isn't the bright blue sky just beautiful?? God has made so much beauty in every season.

 I haven't managed to share much with you for a while from God's word. I read this scripture lately and I find it to be very moving and so I want to share it with you....

  "Be strong and courageous, do not fear or be dismayed because of the king of Assyria nor because of all the horde that is with him; for the one with us is great than the one with him. With him is only an arm of flesh, but with us is the Lord our God to help us and to fight our battles." And the people relied on the words of Hezekiah king of Judah." 2 Chronicles 32:7 & 8

Are you walking with God right now? If so this message is true for you too. If you have God's Holy Spirit dwelling in you then the one that is with you is so very much stronger than anything that you can face. Trust God!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin