Saturday, June 8, 2019

Mara and Thomas' wedding - a quick peek

Our eldest, Mara, got married to Thomas on May 18th. I have been wanting to write a post about it but life has been pretty busy since then as we have been working to help my Mother-in-law move, having been preparing for a fun summer program at Church and took a week long trip to Washington DC. Also I don't have that many pictures to share yet as I just have the ones I took on my phone at this point which was not that many. So this will not be the comprehensive post that I enjoy doing but just a little peek at the days activities.
Twig initials that Mara and I made for the wall.
 Their cool "Guestbook". This is with signatures already on it. They signed along branches and it became part of the art work. Thomas was the artist for this.

This guys up front waiting.
 Ken walking Mara down the aisle. A bit of an emotional event for him, I believe.
 Getting ready at our house that morning. Her cousin Margaret (a bridesmaid) was lacing her up. Mara made her dress from linen and I made the bridesmaids and flowergirl's dresses.

It was a rainy day. That made pictures challenging but also pretty. Mara loves rainy days so it was perfect for her.


 Megan and Molly where in charge of the "guestbook" and gifts.
 Our buffet table artistically displayed by Christy with MollyBea helping her.
 I strung up the trees with twine and attached them to the ceiling. I was thankful that they stayed in place throughout the day for me. :-) The wreaths Thomas hung up for me. I had a wonderful time decorating for the wedding and am so thankful for the many, many people that helped out.

 We used many natural elements on the tables. The mayflowers Mara and Thomas and the bridesmaids had gone to the woods to gather.

  It was a beautiful day filled with so many special people. The music was beautiful and the ceremony was lovely. Thomas' dad, Merle officiated and I appreciated the things he shared. Mara and Thomas each shared some personal vows and it was so neat to hear them dedicate their marriage to God.
   It all went quite smoothly and it is crazy to think that Mara is now a married woman, but she is and I think she is enjoying it quite a bit.

5 comments:

tbarnum said...

Such a beautiful wedding. So glad I was their to share in their day.

Amy Riley said...

Oh how beautiful! I love all of the natural touches and the tree guest page is such a neat touch! Prayers of blessings for Mara and Thomas as they begin married life. Thank you for sharing their special beginning with us

Nola said...

Congratulations! Wow it is indeed crazy to think Mara is married. I have been reading your blog for a long time and it seems like how did she grow up so fast?!

Everything looks lovely I love all the natural decorations.

How is Mara's health doing?

Abbi said...

Thank you all!

Mara's health is not perfect but has improved. We did an elimination diet a few months ago and both Dairy and Corn appear to be triggers for headaches/pains and other not so lovely symptoms. Also Computer/electronic use seems to be hard on her eyes/head/cause tiredness. So we have made progress. There is still some fatigue and headaches at time but the horrible head pains and debilitating fatigue seems to have mostly gone away which is wonderful. She is on various supplements that may also have helped her to do better.

Connie said...

What a lovely wedding, I love the woodland theme with branches and evergreen. Absolutely charming:)
Congratulations to the happy couple. May their oneness develop into a love that neither of them dreamed possible and may they have many years that grow better with each anniversary to come :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin