Saturday, May 22, 2021

Life is Beautiful


Though this year has been one of the hardest ones in my life there are still so many, many things that make my life beautiful and full of joy.  Here are some of the things that have been making my life beautiful....
Mara and Malcolm. They have contributed in a big way to the joy I feel. This afternoon we went to a baby shower in their honor. My sister-in-law, Molly Bea hosted it. My sister Keren was going to do it with her but she ended up getting sick. Both of those women are an incredible blessing to me and make me so very thankful. Molly Bea bakes delicious sour dough bread for us each week and usually has us over for supper each Wednesday and is just a good friend. Keren and I get together every Tuesday morning to pray together which has been so helpful to me.

I just love this little man. Even when he feels like having grumpy faces. I knitted the sweater he is wearing and it was fun to have him try it on.
I am so very blessed by friends. This is Elaine - a dear friend of mine. She and other friends make my life so beautiful. Also,  you can see Malcolm's cute suspenders in this picture.
Aaron and I went to track and field day together yesterday. It is always a fun day filled with many beautiful things: Sunshine, friends, exercise and the fun of seeing my athletic child excel. 
It is a track and field day for homeschooler put on by a local Mennonite church. Aaron ended up with 3 blue ribbons and some third place ones as well.
Flowers certainly make my life more beautiful. We have one crab apple tree that is just blooming profusely. I had hoped to get it grafted and that hasn't worked out yet but I am still fully enjoying the blooms even though the fruit will be to small to use.
An azalea that Aaron gave me for Mother's Day. I love it.
There is even beauty in Dandelions! On Wednesday night when I was teaching some children at church one of the 3 year old boys picked a dandelion like this and gave it to me and then wanted me to blow it. It was such a fun and beautiful moment to watch his delight.
I love the violets!

A couple of Wednesday nights ago I had my class help plant flowers at the church building. It was so fun to have them help (even though a few flowers may have gotten stepped on) and it brought me a lot of joy.
I do feel so blessed to work as a florist - both on my own and at the flower shop. Getting to work with flowers so often is just so fun. I get to enjoy some of the most beautiful things that God created on a very regular basis.

This song reminds me of what is truly beautiful and wonderful in life and that is Jesus and the way he can work in others. I am so thankful for Jesus!
 

What are some of the things that are bringing beauty to your life right now?

2 comments:

Jo said...

Abbi, I've been reading your blog for a very long time. I LOVE this song. It's so true.
I'm sorry for your marital situation and I am praying for you.
Congratulations on your sweet grandson. May God be with your family.

Abbi said...

Jo, Thanks so much!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin