Monday, March 7, 2022

Some Violin Videos from January

   This year a fun goal for me that I decided to work on was to record a song (or songs) on a different instrument each month. And no, I don't actually play 12 instruments. So this is a challenge for me as well. I think it is good to try to stretch myself so this is one way of working on it this year.

   I did start of rather easy as I have played the violin since I was 12. I was working and stretching myself with playing a classical piece that I never managed to get recorded. My phone didn't have the space for that long of song and I didn't manage to get it done on another camera. I was going to still try to do it but decided that now that it was March I should just not worry about it anymore and work on the other instruments. So the two I did get recorded are a Hymn and a fiddle tune. I hope you enjoy them!





 

1 comment:

Martin from Germany said...

Hi Abbi,

greetings from Germany again. Love the way you are making music. I myself have started some years ago playing guitar and ukulele on a learning-by-doing basis and I am very happy with my instruments. I love playing them, of course on a do-it-yourself-basis, and singing or whistling to that. My favourite songs are folk and pop songs, German or English, and I have started composing a few songs for family occasions and created the German text.

If you start making music on a non-voluntary basis, it`s in vain. So was I. When I was a boy my mother was quite strict in advising me to learn playing voilin, because my uncle and my grandpa were musicians. They spent a lot of money for my voilin lessons. But unfortunately it wasn´t fun to me playing this instrument. To be honest I had not enough ambition because I had to play Mozart and Vivaldi, Bach and Handel and all these composers. Nowadays I like this classic music, but 50 years ago als a teenager I wasn`t a fan of these all. When somebody heard me playing violin when I was a boy of 15 he said it sounds like playing a backpipe. And honestly he was right.

I now really love to listen to all your music and you all are wonderful musicians. It`s a pleasure to me to listen to it. I do appreciate your combo. Keep on publishing songs on youtube.

I am 65 years old and live in a small town some 100 km north of Francfort/Germany. I have retired since April 1st. I have a wonderful family and and I am proud grandpa since November last year.

Kind regards
Martin

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin