Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Thanksgiving 2022

I know we just had Christmas but I had still been wanting to document Thanksgiving so here we go....

   Thanksgiving morning found Megan and I hard at work in the kitchen working on Butterhorn rolls and pies. I am thankful for children (my girls especially) that are very capable in the kitchen. Megan especially enjoys baking.

   This year for Thanksgiving there were a lot of family here in town and so some thought it would be to crowded at our house (where we usually have it) and so we should have it at the church building instead. Our family struggled a bit with not having it at home and changing that tradition but in the end where we get together with our loved ones, and the purpose of this Holiday to give thanks to our Creator does not require being in a certain place. We had a lovely day!

   Decorating is important to me in making a holiday special. So I packed in a bunch of stuff to work at making the church building seem a little more homelike and special. I was blessed to have people willing to help me in the decorating. Working at a Florist shop is always a nice thing as I frequently get to take home (for free) flowers that aren't sellable but still look lovely for our table.


We had a very large L shaped table for the older people and then a shorter kids table as well. The kids were eager to help with the decorating and so their table got heavily decorated. I had so much fun with them and helping them with flowers and finding vases. The arranging of the flowers and everything else was totally their doing.

For me it is the people that make any holiday special....
Heidi and Tati
Mom and Dad and their youngest grandchild (that is born - there is another grandchild and another great grandchild on the way)
Dennis and Karen (my Brother-in-laws parents)- They moved to our town this summer and we are loving having them at church.
Brandt and Jennifer.

Heidi, Molly and Dakota
Plenty of pie for all!!!

Malcolm, Mara and Thomas
We had like 2 turkeys and 2 hams. Way more food than we could ever eat.
What a fun bunch of kids!
It was lovely to have my brother Peter and his family in town with us this year for Thanksgiving.
These two had fun playing with the rockers in the nursery and taking care of "their babies".
Thanksgiving is a holiday that reminds us to be Thankful but we truly have so very much to thank God for all year round.
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin