Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thank God for Mothers and Husbands!!

I have been dealing with Strep Throat lately, which is why I haven't been on line. I have had a fever, sore throat, horrible ear ache and just been achy. It has been a miserable couple of days. I think I am improving some now. I am feeling so thankful for my Mom and Ken right now.

Mom is always so nice to be able to call and get medical advice and any other sort of advice I need. She also has volunteered to watch my kids the last 2 days and told me to have Ken bring them again tomorrow if I am not feeling better. The last two days I have slept much of the day which I wouldn't have been able to do if the kids were home. I am so thankful for my loving mother!

Ken, my sweetheart has also been great! He has taken the kids out to Mom and Dad's, given me back massages, gotten things for me, taken care of the kids more than usual in the evening and morning, picked up soup and yogurt for me and washed the dishes. I am very thankful for my very loving husband!

Some of the things that I have found to be helpful when being sick are: Drinking hot tea and honey or hot lemonade sweetened with honey, both have helped my throat and ear to feel better. Drinking hot broth or eating brothy soup, this is also very soothing and I think gives you some energy. Taking hot showers or baths, this helps my achiness so much! Using a hot rice pack on sore spots. (I will try to post directions on making this later.)Gargle with salt water and get lots of sleep!

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

Okay I'll give some home remedies that my family has used for years and I now use them in our home. They are not conventional but they work.

Strep throat and bronchitis
1/3 C honey
1/3 C lemon juice
1/3 C strongest whiskey you can get
Mix it all together drink and go to bed. Sounds crazy but if you do this 2X in one day you are pretty much better by the next day.

Fever
Cut a potato lengthwise
Put cut side to your foot and place a sock ontop
Go to bed and cover up w/ as much cover as you can
The first few times it takes a 5-6 hrs to break a fever b/c your body is not use to doing it this way BUT over time your body responds faster. I can now break a fever in my husband and I in 2 hrs and my children can break a fever in 1 hr. Pretty cool.

Those are just two of the things my family has used for at least 3 generations.

Abbi said...

Thanks for the ideas. I am better now but will remember these for another time.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin