Friday, November 11, 2011

Butterfly Patches

I have been really working at getting ALL the mending done in our house before the new year. I think I have patched at least 15 pairs of pants! My kids aren't quite sure what to do with all these fixed up clothes. {smile} In truth they do seem to be managing okay and I am really enjoying seeing them look all neat and tidy even if they are wearing everyday clothes.  Most of them I patched using this method. But a few with skinny legs I used Iron- on patches on.

  With a pair of Megan's jeans I decided it would be fun to make them look special not "just patched". I ironed on the patches (that certianly is a nice and FAST -but more expensive- way to patch!) and then on the outside I used embroidery floss and sewed fleece butterflys over the patches and then another little one up by the pocket just for decoration. Now they look special not like everyday pants and we are quite pleased!

Do you have any special ways of fixing up clothes that have gotten ruined in some way?

www.blessingsoverflowing.com/fix-it-up-friday-guidelines

1 comment:

Becky R said...

The patches look so cute.

If you have girls pants that fit the waist but are too short add ribbon to extend. I always loved this idea, but my boys would not be thrilled. LOL.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin