Sunday, November 20, 2011

Serve one another

"The end of all things is near; therefore be of sound judgement and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer. Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. Be hospitable to one another without complaint. As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God; whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies; so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. AMEN." 1 Peter 4:7-11

  This is one of the passages of scripture that I hope will truly sink in and be part of my heart. I so badly want to follow this with everything that I am. I have so much growing to do. I want to have my eyes open to ways that I can better serve others. I want to serve so that God can get the glory. I want to always have the right attitude when I am serving. I want to get rid of the pride that creeps into my heart. I want to do what is right.

What do you think about after reading this passage?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am grateful that love covers a multitude of sins - because then even though I do sin - God's grace is sufficient to work His purpose. So even though as a sinful person I strive in vain - I will strive because I know He will work in my weakness.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin