Sunday, August 11, 2013

Someday....

Recently I have been reading in the book of Revelation for my morning Bible reading time. I appreciate the challenge to look at my life and live more fully for God when I read about the 7 churches and their struggles, I love reading the different ways that Jesus is described that makes me more fully realize how awesome He is and I really enjoy the small glimpses that we get of heaven in this book.

  I thought I would share one of the verses that talks about heaven today:

  "They will hunger no longer, nor thirst anymore; nor will the sun beat down on them, nor any heat; for the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd, and will guide them to springs of the water of life; and God will wipe every tear from their eyes." Revelation 7:16 & 17

  When I read this I think about various people through the ages who have truly had rough lives. Those that have had to be in the burning sun without enough to eat or drink. What a joy heaven will be for them.

  And then there are some how seem to face sorrow after sorrow. How wonderful it will be for them to be where God will wipe away all those sad unhappy tears and they will sorrow no more.

   And then there are people like me - we have been blessed abundantly even on this earth. We have lived a wonderful life. But we to have faced some troubling times, there have been tears of sorrow, there has been hardship now and then. We too are going to be just awestruck with joy and amazement when we reach heaven someday. Even with a wonderful life here we truly haven't seen anything yet!!

  Are you ready for eternity? God has prepared a wonderful place for us and He would like all of us to go there but it is up to us to make the choice. The other option is a horrible place that was prepared for Satan and those that follow him. Please make the right choice!! God's word fully explains the road that He has laid out for us that leads to eternity in His presence. If you need any help understanding anything please feel free to e-mail me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin