Monday, June 1, 2015

Why I Believe Christians Should Live in Unity and Peace

 This is something I feel pretty passionate about. I believe if we are really going to be able to cause the world to want to know Jesus Christ then they are going to have to see something different about us. Something they need to see is our unity.

   Number 1 reason that I think we should like in Unity and Peace: So that everyone would believe in Jesus Christ.

 John 17:21 "That they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me."

Philippians 2:14-15 "Do all things without grumbling or disputing; so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom  you appear as lights in the world,"

 Another reason to live in peace: So that we can get more done. Fighting slows us down and wastes time. Let's work together on the important things and stop fighting over little things.

Philippians 2:2 & 3 "Make my joy complete by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose. Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves."

Colossians 3:13-14 "Bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity."

I Corinthians 1:10 "Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind and in the same judgement."

There are so many good verses on this topic but I am afraid if I make this to long people might not read it so much. I challenge you however to look up verses on this topic and then work to put them into practice!

Sorry I didn't get this up yesterday - life got busy and it just had to wait until Monday.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin