Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Daily Bible Reading Challenge

I hope you are having a lovely Resurrection day! We are having some beautiful weather, had a good morning at church and are enjoying some of the kids friends here for the afternoon with the whole family due to come for supper. We feel blessed.

 We try to remember Jesus' death, burial and resurrection on a regular basis - weekly with communion every Sunday and then just often on our own - thinking in thankfulness at the wonderful gift God gave. As we read our Bibles it does help us to remember that gift regularly and to celebrate in the power Jesus has over death! In my reading this past week it was fun to notice how often Jesus' resurrection was mentioned. It is a critical part of the Gospel message and truly something to celebrate.

Here are some of the favorite verses from my reading this week....

What caused me to worship God more?
"O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thoughts from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways. Even before there is a word on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it all. You have enclosed me behind and before,  and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is too high, I cannot attain to it." Psalm 139:1-6

When I want to be reminded of how God knows me very personally and loves and cares for me - Psalm 139 is a chapter I will quickly go to. The things this chapter tells me about my God causes me to worship Him even more!

What scripture touched me?
"...but they simply had some points of disagreement with him about their own religion and about a dead man, Jesus, whom Paul asserted to be alive." Acts 25:19

"And now I am standing trial for the hope of the promise made be God to our fathers; the promise to which our twelve tribes hope to attain, as they earnestly serve God night and day. And for this hope, O King, I am being accused by Jews. Why is it considered incredible among you people if God does raise the dead? Acts 26:6-8

Reading about Paul's time on trial  was very interesting as I noticed how often he referred to Jesus' resurrection. reading the Roman's view point: "About a dead man, Jesus, whom Paul asserted to be alive" really touched me when I think how what we know to be true about Jesus might look foolish to the world if only they would see and believe too.

What scripture inspired me to action?
"How I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you publicly and from house to house, solemnly testifying to both Jews and Greeks of repentance toward God and faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.... For I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole purpose of God." Acts 20:20, 21 &27

Seeing Paul's example inspires me to also be more bold. To share God's word with others more. We need people to realize the importance of repentance and faith and understanding God's will for them.

Interesting Fact:
"That the Christ was to suffer, and that by reason of His resurrection from the dead He would be the first to proclaim light both to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles. Acts 26:23"

It is because of Jesus' suffering on the cross and His Resurrection that can walk in light. How wonderful!!!

What nuggets have you found in God's word lately?

I started writing this post on Sunday but didn't finish before company came and then they were there til late and so I didn't get it posted and yesterday was busy with cleaning, schoolwork, teaching piano lessons and traveling to help out at an endorsing convention and getting home late so I finally have it going up today. :-)

3 comments:

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Paul is always an inspiration to me too when I read, he counted suffering as all joy, and I am always still working on that one! Sounds like you have had a busy but good week, may the Lord continue to bless all you do for Him :)

Cheryl said...

I love the Scriptures you shared here! What a blessing to visit with you this evening. God bless you!

Abbi said...

Thanks for coming to visit!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin