Thursday, March 31, 2016

Encouragement and Help in Raising Your Children

I read an article that I really enjoyed this evening and I wanted to share it with you. It is by Joshua Becker who has the blog "Becoming Minimalist" and the post is called : "35 Gifts Your Children Will Never Forget." Some great ideas on "giving gifts" that don't include cluttering up your home. It inspires you to think about things that truly matter.

I went to his blog tonight to read "Why Fewer Toys Will Benefit Your Kids" to which I wholeheartedly agree. It is another good article.

I thought you might enjoy them too.

I had fun finding a few old pictures of ours that went along with his posts.
 A trip where we had lots of fun finding beauty, learned a lot and appreciated nature.
 Creating with my girls. Art is always fun!
 Life long learning and nature again. Mara created a very cool fair project about trees.
 No toys needed to have a lot of fun! Imaginations at work. Creativity helps with costume making.
 We aren't quite minimalists truly but we do fully embrace the idea that it isn't stuff that makes us happy.

  I would love to hear your thoughts on toys and children.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, we, too, love Joshua's blog. God blessed me to do a phone interview with him last October. Though, he doesn't often mention it on his blog or in his writing, he truly has a heart for God. He is such a nice person. My family and I began our journey towards minimalism a few years ago, and though, as you said, we are not what you would call true minimalists (yet!), we are surely enjoying the liberating of letting go of the excess. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Abbi said...

I think I should read his blog more often. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin