Sunday, March 7, 2010

Created for God's Glory


I am reading through Isaiah currently (little by little, trying to learn and glean as much as I can) and not long ago read this verse:

Isaiah 43:7
"Everyone who is called by My name,
and whom I have created for My glory,
Whom I have formed,
even whom I have made."


This is just one little verse from a big book (and I recommend going and reading more of it!) but I think it has a pretty neat message. People wonder from time to time, "Why are we here?" , "What is life's purpose?" this verse pretty much takes care of that. We are here to bring glory to God. That is our life's purpose.

Now the question is: "Am I doing that?" and are you doing that?


3 comments:

TopazTook said...

Another verse that addresses the question of "what is our purpose" is Ephesians 2:10: "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." I suppose that is sort of a "further explanation" for bringing God glory.

Abbi said...

That is a great verse too! You are right that it certianly goes with the topic. Thanks so much for sharing it!

Luigi | UPrinting said...

And now I'm thinking that this post answers my question. When I was on my way home last night, I was thinking about a lot of things. I'm worried about a lot of things and I was like kind of floating, but now, I found the answer. Thank you so much for this post.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin