Sunday, March 28, 2010

Needed: God's help


"Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit,
but with humility of mind let each of your regard one another as more important than himself;
do not merely look out for your own personal interests,
but also for the interests of others."
Philippians 2: 3 & 4

I wish I didn't need the reminder in the verse so much, but I do. Why do I find it so easy to be selfish, conceited and proud? It is hard to say. One thing I do know, Satan wants us to stumble and he will tempt us in any way that he can to try to get us to cave. That is why we need to be keeping our eyes on Jesus, get dressed in the armor that He provides (Ephesians 6:10-18) and stand firm. I am glad that I happened to read this verse this week to remind me yet again to keep working on these areas that I struggle in. On my own I will have trouble but I have a mighty God who has sent His Spirit to work in me if I just let Him.

"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endure the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Hebrews 12: 1 & 2

3 comments:

Leslie and James said...

Love this! Thank you for your transparency:)

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by. I know you don't find many Abbi's spelled this way. She is Abbigayle. I love your blog and I am a follower now. Love the inspirational views. I love surrounding myself with such awesome women. God Bless, :) Shelley

Abbi said...

Leslie and James and Shelley,
Thanks for joining in on here! I love to hear from those who visit!

I think Abbigayle is a neat way to spell that name. I have long liked Gayle spelled that way. My full name is Abbigail.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin