Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Expressing Gratitude to your Husband

 Lately I have been thinking again about the importance of gratitude. Towards God to be sure but also gratitude towards other people.

  I looked back and realized that I had not about this this marriage strengthening "tool". Also my thinking about it was a good reminder to me to remember to tell my husband thank you and let him know just how much I appreciate what he does for me and our family.

  Hopefully all of us feel thankful but I know sometimes I not all that good at expressing it that gratitude - especially, to be perfectly honest, when it is the normal way things work. For instance Ken works very hard at running his business and the reason he does that is to provide for us, his family. I do tell him thanks for that every once in a blue moon but I think it wouldn't hurt to tell him a little more often how much I appreciate how hard he works to take care of us.

  It would be nice to let him know that I am very thankful for him taking time to read to the kids, for going on bike rides with us, for being neat and orderly and not leaving messes for me to clean up all the time, etc. You get the idea. I did actually recently tell him how much I appreciate that he is careful with our money and that he takes care of all the bill paying and stuff like that.

   Gratitude is something that can draw relationships closer together and that is certainly what I want for my marriage -don't you too?

1 comment:

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Gratitude in marraiage is so important and often overlooked and shared. I thank the Lord daily for my husband but don't always share that with him. Thanks for striking a cord in ym heart to do so.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin