Sunday, May 12, 2013

God is good and truly worthy of our praise!

My kids and I  - squinting in the sun today
Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mothers out there!

I hope you are feeling blessed today and that you have been thanking God for his goodness to you! I am truly feeling blessed and so the scripture that I am choosing to share today is:

   Psalm 111:1-4
"Praise the Lord!

I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart,
In the company of the upright and in the assembly.
Great are the works of the Lord;
They are studies by all who delight in them.
Splendid and majestic is His work,
and His righteousness endures forever.
He has made His wonders to be remembered;
The Lord is gracious and compassionate."

 Some of the blessings from God that I am thinking about today are:

~ My Mother. A godly woman who along with my Dad gave me a childhood that I am so very grateful for and who continues to be there for me. She is one of my closest friends and a great encouragement to me.

~My Mother-in-law. Another godly woman who I am very grateful for! When I got married I didn't really think about the benefits that I was getting beyond a husband but I am so thankful for them and they include and Mother-in-law who encourages me, teaches me and loves me. I am blessed.

~ My Children. I could go on and on about each one but I won't. :-) I just want to share a little of how blessed I have been feeling this last year. I love babies very much and enjoyed my children immensely when they were small, I also felt rather sad to be past that baby stage of life but I guess I just never realized how much I would love and enjoy my older children. There are so many neat blessings of older children. This year especially has been one of me realizing how fast my children are growing up, how capable they are and how much I appreciate having them in my life. I love how they make me learn more by asking me questions (and expecting that I will know), I love the discussions that they will start when we read the Bible together, I love being able to play music together with them, I love the fact that they can pretty much run the house on their own and that they are very good workers, I love just that even though I am the Mom and they do respect me and honor me that we can also be good friends and totally enjoy being together.

   I am blessed. I hope you are feeling blessed too.

Today was a good day at church, at home a little and then enjoying a family bike ride. Ken took the picture above of our kids and I on the bike ride.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin