Sunday, October 6, 2013

Relying on God's Strength

  Lately I have so often been realizing how I simply do not have enough strength. Not enough time. Not enough ability. There is no way that I can accomplish what I would like to do on my own. Even some very simple things I have been struggling with.

 Thank God for His strength! There is no way I could get through life without Him!

Here are some verses that I found encouraging on this subject:

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:28-31

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

    "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,  and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.  Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:16-21  

 So whether you are noticing God's strength in amazing ways in your life or whether you are being perfected through weakness I encourage you to trust God fully, always turn to Him for strength each day and then be thankful for whatever He gives. 

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Abbi,
Exactly what I needed today.

Thank you,
Debbie

Abbi said...

I am so thankful that it was a blessing. I have been needing to dwell on these words too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin