Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bags for Mara

 Since my camera is currently out of commission I decided I should share some of the photos I took earlier that I meant to post about but didn't.

   At the beginning of this year I planned to make a bag a month and post about it. I haven't quite done that but I have made a fair amount of bags this year. For Mara's birthday at the end of September I made a duffel bag and a toiletry bag. She was in need of something nice to use when we travel.

  To make the bags I used some decorator fabric that we had been given. It is pretty sturdy and in some places I used a double layer. To make the duffel bag I just looked at one that we already had (but that was falling apart as it was pretty old - I remember getting probably around 20 years ago!) to get an idea of how to make this one. Basically it is a big tube with a zipper in it and then I put in zippered pockets at both ends, a very simple pocket on one side, a shoulder strap and handles.

To make the toiletry bag I kind of followed this tutorial.

Both bags went together pretty easily and Mara has enjoyed using them on a couple of short trips so far.

Bags are fun to sew. Have you tried sewing any sort of bags?

2 comments:

Housewife59 said...

Lovley : ) I would like to make some bags in 2014 and will need tutorials like this. Thank you

Suzanne said...

Hello Abbi,
Just wanted you to know you won the giveaway on my blog Blueberry Cottage. Contact me at Taketimefortea@comcast.net with your mailing info and I will ship that off to you:-) Hope it all blesses you!
Blessings,
Suzanne

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin