Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


 I just wanted to pop in here quickly and say hello! I didn't write Christmas letters this year so I thought I would do a quick one on here.

   First and foremost I want to say that God is good! This last year we have been blessed with His strength, blessings and provision in amazing proportions. It has been a hard year too but that makes God's love and help shine ever brighter. I am so thankful for the gift of Jesus coming to earth to pay the penalty for our sins so that we don't have to be burdened down by that weight in our lives and so that we can spend eternity with Him in heaven. I am also incredibly grateful for the gift of the Holy Spirit that God sends to dwell in Christians to give them comfort, help and strength. This year would have been perfectly awful without that. 

    Some of the major events of our lives this year have been:

-A bunch of getting and changing of jobs in our family. All of the kids have done some rearranging and I got a part-time job at a local flower shop in January.

-Ken moved away and filed for divorce (which was final in September). You can read more about that here.

-Malcolm was born to Mara and Thomas in April and we have all enjoyed him so much ever since! 

-We have worked a lot on our basement and almost have it ready to try out being AirBnB hosts.

-We went to Nationwide Youth Round-up in Colorado in July and had a great time.

-It was a crazy busy year for weddings. I think I did flowers for around 25 this year. Jonathan also did videography for a bunch of weddings. But he got burnt out and decided that wasn't what he wants to do anymore.

-We enjoyed Jackpine Retreat with Family and Friends in September.

-In November we took a trip to Florida which was a lot of fun.

-We hosted Thanksgiving for family and friends. Since I had recently sprained my shoulder everybody else had to do most of the work but we had a great time!



      The kids are currently out west visiting their Dad for Christmas. I am blessed to have had invitations to go more places while they are gone than I have been able to accept. I am incredibly grateful for all those that love us and bring so many blessings into our lives. God is truly faithful!

  Speaking of going places.. I had better get moving! Much love to you all! ~ Abbi

1 comment:

Connie said...

Beautiful family photos. Every year I become more grateful to our marvelous Lord, what He has done, what He promised and who He is. There is a line in a song that we sing in church that goes, "I am no longer a slave to fear, I am a child of God". That song has helped me so much this year. With everything that's going on in our world it's good to remember that we have nothing to fear. Our dear Lord has everything under control. God bless you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin