Saturday, May 1, 2021

Introducing my Grandson and other random happenings

 We had a new arrival in our family last week and we are so excited!  Mara gave birth to Malcolm with Thomas by her side supporting her. Labor and delivery went well and they are blessed with a beautiful Healthy baby boy!
I am completely in love!

I and others from our family were able to go up and see them in the hospital. There is only supposed to be one guest besides the dad at a time but they allowed 2 people a couple of times so that was really nice. I was just thankful that we were able to go at all with COVID.  They were sent home the next day so that was really nice too. They are both doing well which is a great blessing.
I think Malcolm looks a fair amount like his mother. Above is a picture of Mara as a newborn.
Megan is pretty excited to be an aunt. I think the boys are happy to be uncles too but they aren't quite as interested in newborns. They enjoy playing with them when they get a little bigger.
On Sunday we had fun taking quite a few pictures of Malcolm.
The sweater above and the hat below were both made by Mara.
I will try not to overwhelm this blog with Grandbaby pictures but I probably won't apologize for them very much either. :-)

I had mentioned in my last post about Megan's sewing abilities and I just wanted to share some pictures from one of her latest projects....
She decided her cousin Beulah looked rather like a gnome and probably needed a gnome costume so she made her a dress completely with a hand made hoop skirt and a cape. She also made her a belt and a tie on pocket. Beulah wasn't impressed with getting her clothes changed in the middle of a bunch of people just so she could try on something new but she looks pretty adorable in it anyway. :-) 
 
 We had an absolutely beautiful day today. I did flowers for a wedding and went to lunch and had a walk with a friend. I was also able to visit with both my Mom and my Mother-in-law and I was able to stop in quickly to help Mara with some laundry and dishes and give a couple of kisses to Malcolm. It has been a good day. And, I came home to find a May Day surprise from my neighbor Alice. 

Speaking of May Day....

Various ones from our homeschool co-op came over on Thursday evening and together we made over 100 May Day Baskets for the nursing home.
It was a lot of fun. Plus a few burned fingers from the glue guns. :-)
We put candy, tea and flowers in each basket. We hope the brighten up their day.

Happy May Day to all of you!


6 comments:

Paula said...

Congratulations on your grand baby boy! I love the pictures and seeing my beautiful friends from Bemidji! What a blessing to make May Day baskets!!

In Christ’s love,
Paula

brendab said...

You can post as many grand baby and children posts as you want, Abbi! They brighten everyone’s day. Much more rewarding than pictures of dinner, politics, and Worrisome things.

Martin said...

Really a world wonder. What a lovely baby. All our best wishes to the proud parents and grandparents.

Amelia said...

Congratulations Abbi! Your little grandson is beautiful, simply beautiful. Best wishes to the proud parents and entire family.

The little gnome outfit is very cute too, a darling little girl.

It sounds like things are going well your way and I'm so happy to see that. *big smile*

God bless you and your family!

Amy Riley said...

Oh how wonderful! Glad that he is safely here and that all are healthy and doing well. Never apologize for enjoying or sharing a little one - children truly are precious gifts!

Abbi said...

Thank you all! I am sure you will see many more pictures of Malcolm as the months and years go by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin