In the last 4 weeks since I last reported I have..
- Gotten rid of 99 items - just one item shy of the set goal of 25 per week.
- Gone through 18 spaces (2 shy o my goal)
- Not done a very good job of keeping my in-box completely cleaned out but it is better than it used to be. I want to get back on track on this.
- Not sold anything but we are planning a garage sale this week so I hope to change that trend soon.
- I went through a measly five photo folders. That is way short of my goal. But that is life.
Something that I have been thinking on as I seek to live more simply is the importance of fixing/mending things. I don't know about you but oftentimes in my life when things get broken/torn etc. I tend to look at it and realize I can totally fix that but then I set it aside, possibly on my desk or on a shelf and there it sits for a month, a year whatever. Sometimes it gets to the point of somebody growing out of it before it actually gets mended. It also truly clutters up my house in the meantime. Having broken things around is not nice clutter. It is ugly and messy.
I have really been working on doing some catch up on mending. And truly, I love doing it. It is very rewarding to have something that has cluttered up my desk for the past month become something that I love to use once again. Mending things can make things simpler because we no longer have to make do without it. Also it can save us a bunch of money because we aren't having to replace it.
Here are some posts that I have written in the past on how to mend various items: