Sunday, June 18, 2017

Learning about the Holy Spirit

I have been thinking a lot about the Holy Spirit these last few months. I am not quite sure what got me started on it but as I read through the Bible recently those that are about the Holy Spirit have really jumped out at me. Also while at my sisters a while back she had a little book called "Practicing His Presence" that I was able to read partly through and it also spoke of that subject. Then today while visiting a church in Woodbury, MN the sermon was on the Holy Spirit. Then I came home and was wanting to write this post and the booklet that I have been going through this year and sharing parts from "52 Simple Stimulating Studies" - today's lesson was on the Holy Spirit. And then the fiction book that I started reading during our trip this weekend spoke a lot about the work of the Holy Spirit. I think it is fun. It is definitely prompting me to study and better understand the Holy Spirit and His work.

 I understand that we do have unknowns about the Holy Spirit and His work in our lives. That is true. But the Bible does also share quite a lot of information. I think it would do well for most of us to understand it better and be more aware of the Spirit working in our lives. We need to constantly working to live by the Spirit and not by the flesh.

This is looking to be a several part lesson on the Holy Spirit but let's go ahead and get started with some verses....

The Holy Spirit is a personality....
"And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:27

"The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons." Romans 4:1

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you are sealed for the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:29

  That is just a few verse for tonight but I hope it might prompt you to get started thinking on the  subject. Meanwhile we have had a busy weekend and I am ready for bed!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin