- a simple pony tail holder (you can buy a bunch for 12 cents at Walmart using this coupon, Thanks Money Saving Mom!)
- Pretty ribbon. I like the organza ribbon put other types would work fine too. I have also used strips of tulle before. (You can get an 8 yard roll like this for $1.99 at JoAnns)
- Clear finger nail polish or fray check. This not absolutely necessary but it helps to make the ribbons not fray.
How to do it:
- Cut 20 (more or less) strips of ribbon that are 6-7 inches long. (Cut the ends diagonally.) You can use 1, 2 or more different colors.
- Paint the very end with polish.
- Tie then onto the pony tail holder with a square knot. Be sure to do it tightly so that they don't slip off.
- That's it! You are all done!
- Instructions for very cool woven headbands.
- Ribbon covered alligator clips.
- This site has oodles of different hair things to be made!
Another fun craft that I recently did was this little origami stars. I was experimenting with using magazine pictures for the one of the left. I want to try more papers and sizes and hopefully string some up to use for some of our Holiday decorating. These look complicated but are really quite easy! Here is a YouTube video that shows you how. I found these things to the blog Day to Day where she has been showing different Christmas stuff everyday.
Have you been working on anything? Please share..... (either in the comments or post about it and leave the link to your post here!)