We had a good Thanksgiving Day and I hope you did too!!
- Turkey (we did not raise it but we were blessed with it being given to us by some friends when they were moving.)
- Fluffy mashed potatoes (we gleaned from the fields)
- Gravy (homemade of course from the turkey broth)
- Dressing/stuffing (Mom made it from homemade breads and celery which she is growing and chicken broth from their chickens)
- Cabbage salad (from my parents garden)
- Homemade Rolls ( I made using wheat that I got from the grainery and ground and pumpkin from my parents)
- Fruit salad (using some of the berries we picked this summer and whipped cream from the farm)
- A Malaysian Jello (A friend from there brought the mix as a gift. We had fun molding it with fruits inside)
We also had lots of dessert!!
Mom brought Apple pie, I made pumpkin (actually squash as it has way better flavor!), mince and peanut butter pie and my sister Keren made Turkey cookies, our friend Pei Lin brought special Malaysian cornflake cookies and Mara and Jonathan had made ginger cookies in class on Wednesday night which they saved specially for Thanksgiving.
Eating by candlelight makes something special very easily!
Some of my favorite memories of the day were:
~ having fun decorating with my children. ~ Good conversations with family and friends. ~ Having fun working together on the meal with Keren, Irindee and Pei Lin. ~ Playing games. ~ Hearing Mom and Dad read to the kids and have fun with them. ~ Praying together to tell God "Thank you".
What made your day special?