Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Making your home a Haven ~ Wednesday edition



Today we get to work on projects! I love projects and always have plenty of them that need to be worked on and cleaned up.








Here is my to do list for today:
  • First, clean up my messy office which is pictured above.
  • Mend
  • Make crackers
  • Wrap and deliver gift
  • Finish my button sorting.For supper we plan on having Tuna noodle hotdish and broccoli and sliced tomatoes. We are hoping to have supper on the table when Ken gets home so we can hurry and go to the Library before church.
End of Day Report...
The buttons are all now sorted. The kids and I have had lots of fun on that project! I always save buttons off of old clothes and also I bought a bag of odds and ends from Home Sew some years ago so I had a tin full of buttons but I really hit the button jackpot when I visited Grandma this summer. She told me to go through her sewing stuff and take what I wanted. I have always liked buttons (I loved playing with Mom's when I was a child) and it is fun to have so many. I am now dreaming of the projects I could make and use them. :-)
My office/craft room it not nearly in perfect shape yet but it is much better! I feels good to have a clean desk and worktable. I was also able to get some mending done.
I also made some Norwegian flatbread which is a yummy sort of cracker. (If you would like to try my cheese cracker recipe go here. )

I also got the present wrapped. I was feeling a little creative and I think it shows. I hope the recipient doesn't think I am too weird! :-) I was wanting to match the theme with what is inside. If you would like to see what is inside you can visit this post. We didn't deliver them yet as I was running a low grade fever today and feeling a bit yucky and didn't think It would be best to go see a baby.
It ended up being a pretty good day even with health issues. How did your day go?

For more encouragement on making your home a haven go visit the Homespun Heart.









5 comments:

miranda said...

ok, I just had to ask... How do you make crackers? and where do you get all of your button's. Again, I needed to tell you that I look forward to reading your blog every day. :) you are an inspiration to me.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Thanks for joining! Hope you've had a great day working on your Haven!

Beth said...

How funny! I was checking in with a few of the folks doing this challenge and when your blog came up I laughed-I already had yours saved to my favorites! I've been enjoying your blog for a while, but only just started up my own. You are such an inspiration and it's wonderful to "find" you here as well.
BTW-that is an AWESOME button collection. It brings back memories of playing in my Nana's button tin.
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Abbi
What temperature do you bake the cheese crackers? I didn't see it in the recipe link.
Amanda

Abbi said...

Thanks to all of you for your kind comments!
Miranda, I hope I answered your questions in the End of Day report section of my post. (Which I put up after you commented.)
Amanda, The temperature should be 375 degrees for 10 minutes. Sorry if I missed saying that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin