Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Plump "New" Pillows

    We own quite a few pillows. One (or so) for each of us of course and then we like to have some for the large groups of company we sometimes host as well. Many of our pillows looked like they have seen better days but as I am not fond of either just throwing things out or going shopping for new things I tried to figure out a plan to remedy the problem. 

I collected our ugly pillows and the ones that were in the wrong shape. First step was to wash them with hot water and send them through the dryer. Then I cut off the old cover and pulled the batting so that they were all fluffed up and in good shape.

   I had been looking in my cloth stash for fabric that would work well for covering them when I remembered that we had an excess of pillowcases anyway. So I took pillow cases that were not part of a set and I turned them inside out and sewed them about an inch and a half smaller on each seam. I cut the excess off and then I turned them right side out again and stuffed the naked pillow in and then I sewed the end up. TA-dah! a lovely "new" pillow.

  They look so much better now and for those that like fluffy pillows they will like their feel better too. Unfortunately I rather like a flat one and now I going to have to work at getting it back to the way I like it. But I do feel so much better about putting these on the beds of company.

    It was a very satisfying project to use things that I already had on hand to fix up items in our house. I just thought I would share the idea in case it was useful for anyone.

2 comments:

Diwakar said...

Hello Abbi. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know your desire to be Proverb 31 woman. Your blog post about Plump "New Pillows" is a good testimony of one of the charistrastics of Proverbs 31 to be industrious in making use of the stuff available to fix up items in the house. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to tbe encouraged. strengthned and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. we reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourae young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your grown up kids who are in their late teens and above to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have alife changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

Abbi said...

Thanks for stopping by. Going to help out in India sounds like a very neat experience.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin