Monday, January 20, 2020

The Wise Old Owl

  On Saturday morning I happened to glance out the window just as an owl flew up to sit in a tree near our house. I know owls live around here but we don't often see them so that was fun to get to see it. I showed Ken and then pretty soon all the kids were looking out the window at it as well.  I believe it is a Barred Owl. I think it looks so majestic just sitting up in the tree.

   Ken had given me a camera for Christmas and this was a fun opportunity to try it out a little more. I really appreciated the large zoom that it has for this photo shoot. The picture above I took through my office window but the one below is from our front porch.
 Owls are often considered wise I believe because they just look like they should be. :-) But anyway I thought I would share a verse on wisdom to go along with this post.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever!" Psalm 11:10

  Thinking about this verse I would say that an owl probably is wise - They, like all of the natural world, do fear the Lord. God has created them to praise him just by doing their normal day to day activity. But then they don't really have a choice. We do however and the best choice is to Fear and Praise our Lord and Savior. It might not sound like fun to "Fear the Lord" but that is something we are told to do. When it talks about fear of the Lord it is that understanding that God is Almighty, he is powerful and he is just. We need to obey Him. There will be punishment for those who don't. But it doesn't mean we live in a scary world were we always need to be afraid - not at all! God also is full of love and mercy and he gave us Jesus to pay the penalty of our sins when we believe in Him and obey Him. Fear of God will lead us to a place of peace, contentment and true joy! I hope you have found that! 

2 comments:

Amy Riley said...

What beautiful pictures! Thank you for taking the time to snap these photos and to share them! :)

Abbi said...

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin