Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Enjoying the Simple Things...

   Winter is such a lovely time to slow down a little bit and to really just enjoy being home. It can be easy to get caught up in the bustle of preparing for Christmas but I hope you are able to truly enjoy each moment and each person that you are spending time with. Here are some of the simple things that I am enjoying....

  • Fires in our fireplace.
  • Stocking that we made last year with real rabbit fur and our names done in cross-stitch. 
  • The glow of Christmas lights.
  • Card-making.
  • Watching Megan paint and crochet.
  • Ice Skating on the river.
  • Writing letters and thinking fondly of those that I am writing to.
  • A simple supper with Ken while the kids were at youth group. Enjoying some fancy cheese and crackers that I was given for my birthday (a great gift by the way - fun and different and consumable!).
  • Candles - I love my homemade beeswax candles and other non-scented ones. I need to remember to light them more often.
  • Walks in the starlight.



  • Drinking tea with family and friends.
  • The reading of books that make me think and grow.
  • Prayer - by myself and with others. It gives me such strength and peace.
  • The making of music. I love to sit down and play the piano or pull out my violin. I love to sing with Megan while we work. I enjoy hearing Aaron play his guitar and sing and I welcome any other music that comes up in our home as well.
  • Fresh bread.
  • Phones calls from friends.
What simple things are you enjoying right now? 

2 comments:

Amy Riley said...

We had such a lovely evening Monday night looking at the Christmas Star with neighbors. Just after sunset everyone came out to look Southwest and there it was! We had about thirty minutes to view it before clouds came in but it was so lovely to be outdoors, visiting with neighbors, and truly connecting.

Abbi said...

That is really fun that you were able to see it and spend time with your neighbors. My neighbor called me to tell me that I should go look at it (I had forgotten about when we could see it) but then I couldn't see it. I think to many clouds had come up by the time we got out there.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin