Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Keren's Birthday projects

Earlier this month was my baby sister's birthday. We were graciously invited over to celebrate so before hand we were of course quite busy with projects! Here are some of the projects we worked on:
I sewed together an apron, copying the pattern of one I received from a friend. It was fun to do it in fall colors.

Mara diligently worked to write a story about a fairy named Cosmos which she then typed up, made into a book and illustrated and she dedicated it to her aunt. She even carefully colored a fairy picture to use as wrapping paper.
Jonathan pounded some flowers onto fabric to make a picture which I then helped him to put onto a box. He also made a set of cards to go inside.
Aaron also made something but just now I can't remember what. Megan made a card. Birthdays are fun! They give us great incentive for being creative. We are actually enjoyed a birthday today as well -Mara turned 10 today. I wasn't terribly creative for this birthday but Jonathan was, I will have to share about that later. We also enjoyed a home Circus tonight which I will have to post pictures of too.
But back to Keren's birthday. Keren had fun being creative for her birthday as well and we came over to a beautifully decorated back yard where supper was held. Here are a couple of pictures:
Table clothes, lights, candles, flowers and even fancy chair covers!

I never realized how elegant clover could be. :-)

What projects do you have going on?

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Everything looks great! I looks like it was a great party.

I am trying to figure out what all I am going to make for Christmas presents this year. Haven't gotten much done yet.

miranda said...

I love the apron. I have always wanted one, but never really found one that I felt I could spend that much money on... Maybe once my Spare Room is in order ( when I can walk again) I will try to find a pattern and make one. Do you have one that you like that was pretty easy?
About the clover, I have been noticing them more and more. And really think they can look so beautiful at times. I like your picture of them. What a great party decoration.

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am amazed at Mara's illustration. She did a really good job! She definitely is an artist and comes by it honestly. =)
Tani

Keren Ruth said...

Aaron made me a kite :) I can't say that I have tried it yet, but I should since it has been so windy.
Oh and the oak leaf on the apron stayed just fine! It is lovely.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin