Monday, November 9, 2009

Thanks to the Giver of all things beautiful!

"One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to meditate in His temple.
For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle;
In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;
He will lift me up on a rock.
And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me;
And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord."
Psalm 27:4-6
God has filled my life with beauty and for that I am giving thanks....
101. Little Johny-jump-ups who keep blooming even through frost and snow and they look so sweet when we pick them to go on our table.
102. Pretty little tea cup that I enjoy looking at.
103. Cute little acorns that always look so fun and ready for some sort of craft or decoration. They make me think of chipmunks, squirrels, fairies, pretend little people... :-)
104. Handmade lace from another generation. It is so fun to think about who might have made it and what they were like. I enjoy seeing the beauty in such sweet little things like that.
105. My alto recorder and the many fun memories that come with it. My fun older brother that gave it to me for a birthday present and then playing it with others at church and trying not to laugh while playing because when we did all that would come out would be a bunch of squeaks.
106. My Cello. Found at a garage sale broken, but thankfully I have a very handy father who can fix "anything" and now it looks lovely again. I love having it out where I can see it each day. I love the rich deep tones that come from it.
107. Lots of wheat. We are blessed to be well stocked up again (300 lbs should last a while) and I love the way it looks and knowing that it will help to keep us well fed throughout the coming year.
108. Children playing happily together. That is something really beautiful I think!
109. A beautiful sky. I love the way God creates beauty in the sky each day! It was Megan that noticed it on this day. She kept pointing and saying "Mom look! It's blue!"
110. The beautiful orange that God made the pumpkins. It is so cheerful and fun!
111. Pumpkin cookies, pies and bread. They taste so yummy!
112. Pumpkin seeds. We are truly enjoying them.
113. Pretty bowls stacked in the cupboard.

114. My beautiful children
115. On a beautiful fall day.

116. Designs in Blue and White ~ Every time I see them I think "How pretty!"
117. Pretty little rocks sitting on my kitchen windowsill. In our Wednesday night class the kids used a kit to turn them from plain rocks into Crystals.
118. African Violets blooming on the windowsill at the Church Building. I love how God provides flowers even in the cold seasons!
119. God's patience with me. I struggle so often with having patience and then feel immediately humbled when I realize how God is being patient with me all the time!

holy experience

2 comments:

horse loving lineman's wife said...

Thank you for sharing!

Jackie said...

I have really enjoyed reading your lists. This was a good one. I love the flowers.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin