Sunday, January 9, 2011

God keeps his promises

Psalm 105:1-8

1 Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name;



make known among the nations what he has done.


2 Sing to him, sing praise to him;


tell of all his wonderful acts.


3 Glory in his holy name;


let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.


4 Look to the LORD and his strength;

seek his face always.

5 Remember the wonders he has done,

his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,


6 you his servants, the descendants of Abraham,


his chosen ones, the children of Jacob.


7 He is the LORD our God;


his judgments are in all the earth.


8 He remembers his covenant forever,


the promise he made, for a thousand generations,


Isn't that a neat portion of scripture?! This past week I was reading in the book of Joshua and I came across this verse:
"Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass." Joshua 21: 45.  And then check out these words of Joshua: "Now behold, today I am going the way of all the earth, and you know in all your hearts and in all your souls that not one word of all the good words which the Lord your God spoke concerning you has failed; all have been fulfilled for you, not one of them has failed." Joshua 23:14

I knew that God keeps his promises but reading this testimony was so cool to me. God always, always, always does what He says He will do! He never ever fails. Is that true of anyone else? I don't think so.

 This is a reminder to me to trust. Sometimes that isn't easy- I wonder if things will really work out. But when I let God be in control their is absolutely no need to be concerned. I can always trust Him!

I am hoping to keep these verses in mind. I hope you do too!
What have you been learning from God's word? Do you have an example of God keeping His promises with you?



2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I really enjoy reading your posts...I don't always comment which is not fair to you because you can't tell sometimes that your words of comfort and peace from the Word of God are read. I'll try to do better in commenting.
Take care.

Glenda said...

Hi...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin