Monday, July 16, 2012

Don't make excuses

In my Bible reading lately I have had it impressed on my over and over again how in order to accomplish something it doesn't rely on our strength but rather letting God in His strength work through us.

This section of Jeremiah that I read yesterday caused me to remember that yet again:

Jeremiah 1:4-8
"Now the word of the Lord came to me (Jeremiah) saying,
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
and before you were born I consecrated you;
I have appointed you a prophet to the nations."
Then I said, "Alas, Lord God!
Behold I do not know ho to speak,
Because I am a youth."
But the Lord said to me,
"Do not say, "I am a youth,
because everywhere I send you, you shall go,
and all the I command you, you shall speak.
Do not be afraid of them,
for I am with you to deliver you,"
declares the Lord."

 So my lesson for this is- If God wants you to do something- don't make excuses! Just obey Him and He will give you the strength and ability. He did that in the old testament and I believe He will still do that today.

Does this verse encourage you?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin