Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sisters and Laughter

Abbi, Keren, Martha, Anna (sisters) and Molly Bea (my lovely sister-in-law).
 This weekend my two sisters from out of town (one from way out in North Carolina) were here to visit. They stayed at my parents house so we spent a lot of time out there too as did my brother Luke and his wife Molly Bea (my youngest sister still lives at home). We were all together except for my oldest brother and his family.

  We had a very fun time together- going to a bluegrass festival together, working, playing Apples to Apples, crafting and such like. Today they came over to our house after lunch and we also had fun making some music together.
 When I thought about the time we enjoyed together I was reminded of a couple of verses in Proverbs chapter 17.

  Verse 17:
"A friend loves at all times, and a brother (and I think sister too) is born for adversity."
I am very thankful for the many friends I have whom I love and who love me, I am also very thankful for the siblings I have whom not only can I have a ton of fun with but who also are there for me when times aren't going so well.
There other one that I thought about was verse 22:
  "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones."

There are very many people that I enjoy being around and doing things with but I don't think there is anybody that I laugh as much with as my sisters. It can be things as silly as the "smile detector" on the camera and either trying to set it of or not that set us laughing, sharing tidbits about our kids, playing Apples to Apples together and watching each personality emerge, working and visiting together- whatever- we share a lot of laughter too.

  I hope that whoever you are around - you can enjoy love and laughter as well!

2 comments:

Clint Baker said...

We will be going to Winston Salem, NC this weekend to see my mom!
http://theredeemedgardener.blogspot.com

Nola said...

How fun! I've always wanted a sister, and I am so happy that my own children get that blessing (I have 3 girls, so each have 2 sisters, and maybe more someday!) I am so blessed that I have daughters since I didn't get any sisters :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin