Saturday, March 30, 2019

This Week - Fun times while saving money

 We have had a fun week. I thought I would share a few things I took pictures of.
I was invited to a baby shower on Thursday. I decided to make a dress and headband for a gift. I used some t-shirts that we had gotten for political candidates and that were pretty much new. It took me some time to make but saved money and I liked the fact that I was using something I had (and hence getting it out of my place) and not causing more things to be made. I made two sets as there were  two sisters having baby girls.


 My pictures aren't very good but it at least gives you a little idea of the play that our kids are in right now. They are performing in "The Reluctant Dragon". It is cute and funny. I hope to take better pictures next time we go. Our kids were given vouchers so Ken and I were able to use those and get in free.
This evening I cut into the fabric that Mara bought for her bridesmaids dresses. The first one (of 3) is cut out - now to get it sewn. It was a little nostalgic as I was using part of the pattern that I used to make the bridesmaids dresses for my wedding over 20 years ago. We are using a different skirt pattern but the same bodice pattern that my bridesmaids had. I did make the neckline a little different and both the bodice and the sleeves a little longer. So it will look different.

   We have been working out different details on the wedding which has been fun. There has been some money spent (Mara bought fabric and a vest pattern and she and Thomas bought stamps and invitations and I have bought some food) but we are spending way less than most do. I will have fun sharing some of our ways we have been frugal at some point.

  How was your week?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin