Monday, October 14, 2019

Fabulous Fall

 I love that God created different seasons for us to enjoy and I am particularly fond of Fall. I love the bright, sunny, blue sky days but I also love those rainy and cool days and even the bits of snow (which we did experience this last week) that make me enjoy the coziness of home - sitting by the fireplace, working on a sewing project or doing some baking. The colors of fall are so fun as well. I thought I would share some pictures of what Fall is looking like around here....

I have developed a new recipe for Apple, Rhubarb, Strawberry (those we froze earlier in the year and I am pulling out to use now) Jam that has turned out wonderfully both times I made it.
 Field corn from our garden drying on the wall while decorating our dining room.
 The dehydrator has done a lot of humming this season while drying us a nice supply of apples. They are yummy! Last year I bought an Excalibur dehydrator as the old one was literally falling apart. I am loving the new one!
 Candle making! It all started with Megan making a doll (that needed to be waxed) and ended up with this. So fun! It will also be fun to use them.
 A fall mantle! I was able to rescue the marigolds from the garden after we had gotten snow on Friday. I was so happy that they were still okay. We didn't get any frost until Friday which is amazingly late.
 Orange roses - leftover from a wedding. I am loving them.
 Since the garden outside is going "to bed" I decided to bring some of it inside - to our bedroom. I like it!
 Roasted fall veggies!
 This past weekend's bridal bouquet. With acorns! :-)

I hope you are having a lovely fall!

3 comments:

Connie said...

My, my, my what a beautiful post. I love that you made hand dipped candles . . . I would love trying that one day, it just feels like such a homey autumn thing to do. Something like our strong pioneer women did before us and before electricity. That tray of roasted veggies looks amazing, your charming home must be filled with wonderful smells, the kind that come from loving hands and heart.
God bless you and your family.
Before I say good-bye, I have to tell you how comforting it is to see a stone fireplace . . . your home is so amazing and earthy. I love it!
Have a wonderful rest of the week.
Connie :)

Amy Riley said...

Your fall Mantle is beautiful! Our friends north and west of us are also seeing snow. Yesterday it was 72 here but getting colder each day the rest of the week. Looking forward to more chilly evenings spent snuggled inside reading.

Abbi said...

Connie and Amy, It is so fun to hear from you! Thanks so much for your kind comments. I am glad you are enjoying Fall too. May God bless you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin