Sunday, March 22, 2020

Perfect Peace which leads to Praise!

Some eagles that I saw the other day. It looks like they are getting together but practicing social distancing too. :-)
  This world is just a bit crazy right now it would seem. We are living through something that none of us has ever seen before. There is the virus that is uncertain (how many people will it really infect, how far will it spread, how long will it last, will we get it???) but beyond that so many have jobs that have ended or changed, routines are off, so much that people have worked long and hard for has been cancelled and we don't even know for sure that we can find the normal things we need at the store.

  I am so thankful for the perfect peace that comes from knowing and following JESUS! When we follow Him we know that He has all of this in His control. Also we can live with an eternal focus realizing that truly all that matters is what effects where we and others will spend eternity. I admit to feeling a bit worried for a moment as it seems like there had been some exciting things happening in our church and I was afraid this virus might really put a damper on progress that was being made. I have had to step back and realize that God has this in control. He is allowing things to be shaken up a bit and who knows what all good may come from that. He can work out everything for His good!

  I did truly miss attending normal church services this morning but we had a truly blessed day of focusing on Jesus anyway. We joined the Live Stream for Forest Park Church of Christ  (from Crowley, LA - our good friend Jason preaches down there) and then We did facetime with my mother-in-law while we sang, prayed and had communion. Then this evening we listened to a sermon that Mike from our church here had recorded. As I looked on my Facebook feed I saw that we were not the only ones connecting with various churches from all over the globe - many were doing that. How encouraging that was to me to see that seeking God is what really matters to so many.

   I want to share a scripture of encouragement that Mike shared with us:

Habakkuk 3:17-19
"Though the fig tree should not blossom
and there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail and the fields produce no food,
Though the the flock should be cut off from the fold
and there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my Salvation.
The Lord God is my strength,
And He has made my feet like hinds' feet
and makes me walk on high places."

  So, even if we are facing disappointments or even very scary and genuine trials let's look past that and see the work that God is doing in our lives. Let's praise Him over and over and over again. He is worthy!


2 comments:

Amy Riley said...

Thank you for sharing the beautiful eagle picture! Eagles are Owen's favorite animals. He enjoyed looking at the picture while I read those Bible verses with our family.

Abbi said...

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing that with me. We have been blessed to see quite a lot of eagles this Spring.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin