Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Nieces and Nephews are Pretty Special

    Last week was a pretty exciting week for our family - My older sister Anna's family had the adoption of their 3 year old daughter and 2 year old son finalized.  I had considered them my niece and nephew for a long time but having it truly finalized is wonderful! They have had each of them since they were around 1 week old.
 The sweet little dark haired ones in the picture above and below are the ones that are now officially part of our lovely big family. We are so glad to have them!
  Not very long ago these cute nephews of mine found out that they are having a baby sister to come join them in September.
 We helped my sister Martha and family move last Monday and these guys were great helpers too.  We kind of cheated a little on the shelter-in-place to help them move but I figured since moving is allowed and hiring movers is allowed that we were their movers (just volunteer ones). It was fun getting together with my two sisters and their families to work on that. And what was really cool is that my sister Martha and family moved from nearly 2 hours away to our town. So now I have more nieces and nephews living in our area! We love it.
 On Sunday mornings we have been doing "Outdoor Activities" while "social distancing" and having a small group meet for church in our yard. It started with just neighbors but then my brother Luke and family started joining us as well. It is so nice to get to see them! I am looking forward to actually holding sweet Beulah again soon but meanwhile we are enjoying laughs and smiles from a  distance. When I took this picture she was wearing a sweater that I had made for her and her hat was made by my niece, Heidi.
   
   I now have 15 nieces and nephews on my side of the family with one more on the way and we have 7 on Ken's side. We are so blessed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin