Friday, April 2, 2010

Would you do me a favor? {Entries in a DIY wedding contest}

Last week I decided to enter some projects in a contest over at Ruffled a Vintage Wedding Blog. The projects had to be made by me, have a list of supplies and instructions, have photos and have something vintage in them. We were encouraged to enter more than once and it was implied that all the entries would be posted. The first place prize is for $500.

I ended up entering 6 things but was pretty disappointed when they just posted one. They also chose to post the goofiest project that I entered. Oh Well!

This is the project that made it into the running- a bow tie made out of vintage fabric modeled by my super handsome Aaron boy! Anyway.... Would you mind doing me a favor? Would you be willing to go and vote for my project?  Pretty please?
Go to here: To Ruffled and vote for project #22 the DIY bow tie. Thank you so very much!

Here are the other projects I entered: (And since they didn't post them, I will post instructions for them soon!)
A branch and candle centerpiece using vintage books.
A floral headband using vintage ribbon and button.
A boutonniere using vintage buttons.
Petal baskets.

Thank you so much for your help! Voting is open through Thursday April 8th.

This post is linked to:
Reinvented's Trash to Treasure Tuesday
and
A Soft place to Land's DIY day

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Cute ideas, Abbi! I voted for your bow tie. :-)

tani said...

I went to the link and voted for yours, but it hasn't posted. I didn't leave my website. Do you think that could be why? Anyway, I did think your projects were cute.

Greg and Donna said...

I love the bowtie and I voted. Your son is a cutie!

Abbi said...

Thanks everybody for voting. Tani, I think it takes a little bit for it to show up, I think it probably worked- I hope! :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin