Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A decorated wreath {Wool skirts project #3}


In wool skirt project #1 I made melted flowers from the skirt lining. I got to thinking that they would be pretty on a wreath but I wanted some other flower to go with them. I ran across this very cool Calla Lily wreath where she made the calla lilies out of burlap and other funky fabrics. I liked hers very much but was wanting something a little more elegant to match the other flowers and also I wanted to use my wool skirts!

   I decided to use the cream colored skirt and make calla lily shapes like she had instructed but I made mine only one layer. The one layer wasn't stiff enough to work as is so I decided to paint them with modge podge. I did that and let them dry part way and then I shaped them. I also decided to use a bead in the middle as I thought that would match the look of the other flowers as I had a bead in the middle of them as well.

After the flowers were done I had lots of fun putting them on the wreath. I added dried eucalyptus, moss and lichen, a lotus pod, sweet gum pods a peacock feather, ribbon and anything else I thought looked nice.

  This wreath got sold at the silent auction at our Republican fundraiser but I hope to make another one soon. While I was making the grapevine wreath for this one (from some trimmed grapevine from a friend) I made a couple more as well for other projects.

If you would like to see my other wool skirts projects:

I would have liked to post more pictures of the wreath but I guess I have run out of room on Picasa so I have things I need to figure out there and for now they won't let me upload anymore pictures. On Sunday I wasn't able to blog either because of some problem with blogger. I guess this is a challenging blogging week for me. I am not so good with all these techie things!

I am linking this to:

and

4 comments:

Olivia said...

I've seen fabric flowers more times than I can remember, but this is the first calla lily I've seen. So classy and elegant...

Nola said...

WOW that is really neat. Who would have known. I hope you tell your friend what you've been up to with the wool! :) I wish I could have one or make one!

polwig said...

So beautiful and the great thing is you do not have to worry about hanging it outside.

Abbi said...

Thank you all!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin