Over the Labor Day Weekend we went on a biking trip on the Mesabi Trail in north eastern MN. We had a fun time but came home very tired and then this week has been busy with other things as well so I haven't had much online time.
I did have fun taking pictures on our trip though and so be prepared, here is one long post.....
Saturday morning we left home. After driving (including a detour) we started riding sometime after 1pm.
I do wonder if people laugh as they look at us and our interesting get up, but I figure it doesn't matter much. We have fun and figure out ways to use what we have rather than spending a lot of money to get proper gear.
Ken and I did wear special t-shirts. Chip Cravaak is running for Congress in the area we were biking in and we would really love to see him win. We can't vote for him but decided to do a little advertising by wearing t-shirts while we rode.
Afterwards we had a yummy lunch at Pizza Ranch (other than that meal we packed all our food). I amused myself by taking pictures while waiting for my turn in the bathroom. :-)
Observations from our biking trip:
- Some extra padding on the bike seat would be very nice. Next time I want either a cushier seat or padded biking shorts (which I will wear under something else!).
- My family gets very hungry when they have been biking all day out in cool fresh air! Main course dishes that I thought I had brought way more than enough of got gobbled up pretty fast. However I should have done more figuring on the snacks because I brought quite a bit more than needed which was just extra weight to haul around.
- When I call to check on campsites in the future I want to make sure and ask if they at least have an outhouse. I didn't think that question was necessary but we found out otherwise in the city campground in Nashwauk, MN.
- My children were very happy I packed gloves for the cool evenings and mornings.
- God certainly outdid Himself in making a beautiful world!