We went with a rather outdoorsy theme in here. Ken got to choose the paint color for this room. He was shopping with me and I asked his opinion on colors and he really liked this one. It wouldn't have been my first choice but it is growing on me. I have been amazed at how well it coordinated with our tile and then the wallpaper border that we got. This was the first room of the house that we tiled and my Dad came to help me do it which I really appreciated!
The vanity is made out of Oak and has the solid faux granite counter-top sinks like we have in all our bathrooms. Ken really likes double sinks so both of our upstairs bathrooms have them. This bathroom also got to have light fixtures that were intended to be outdoor light fixtures. The laundry shoot doesn't actually go all the way down to the laundry room (though that would have been fun) but just into the hallway closet where the laundry basket sits nicely out of the way. It was designed to keep things looking neat and tidy.
I made the rug on the floor and Mara made the wall hangings in the picture above.
First we laid out a pattern.
Here is an older post that explains flower or leaf pounding in more detail.
One of the interesting things about pounding leaves or flowers is finding out what color that they actually dye the cloth. Many of these leaves/stems ended up more brown than I anticipated. That's okay- brown works too.
So that is our upstairs bath. We have more ideas for decorating in there still but I already think it is kind of fun and interesting and best of all - it works. :-)