I really enjoy re-purposing things as many of you know. There is just such a joy for me to take something that most people think is trash and to turn it into something useful and often beautiful. This month I thought it would be fun to try to share a bunch of posts with lists of various ways to re-purpose various trash that is in our lives. The first one that I decided to do was on re-purposing pallets.
Pallets aren't generally things that every person has around to throw out but they are still quite common in our society and we have been able to get them free in abundance. Here are some of the ways we have gotten pallets:
- Construction stuff for our home was delivered on them.
- Large items (like a table for the church building) are delivered on them.
- We can pick them up free at a local lumberyard.
I have also noticed them out behind an appliance and yard machines store. Just start asking around - I think you will find some pallets that you can have.
Now what can you do with all those pallets?
- Make a wall hanging. Here is how I did the one pictured above.
- Fix up an old, cheap bookcase with a back made of pallet boards.
- Use one to store your garden tools.
- Use them to make veggie trellises in your garden.
- Make a hallway coat rack and shoe shelf.
- Use a few to make a simple compost bin.
- Make a rustic headboard.
- Make a coffee table.
- Make a potting bench and also grow gardens in your pallets.
- Make a table.
- Make an outdoor shower.
Have you ever re-purposed pallets? I would love to hear what you made!