-The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
- It is the only divine religion. With other religions if you check there is always a human instigator of that religion. With Christianity it was created by God.
- It is a religion for all people - some religions are not. Matthew 28:19 & 20 says: "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all the I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Mark 16:15 says"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."
- It is a Spiritual religion. We don't have to be physically born into it - Anybody who wishes can be Spiritually born into it. John 3:5 says: "Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." Romans 6:4 says that we are going to have a new life: "Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life." Romans 12:1 & 2 explains a little further the Spiritual nature of following Jesus: "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." John 4:24 says: "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
- It is a saving religion. "For the Song of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10. "It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am the foremost of all." 1 Timothy 1:15.
- It is an authoritative religion. Meaning that it is not one in which we can just come and design it to fit our personal preferences. God has give us truth in His word and if we want to follow Jesus Christ we must follow and obey. This creates peace in our lives because we have a standard that we can follow rather than blowing around aimlessly. " While he was still speaking, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and behold, a voice out of the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to Him!" Matthew 17:5. And Ephesians 1:22 & 23 says: "And He put all thing in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all." If we know Jesus Christ we will obey Him: "By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him; but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him; the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked." 1 John 2:3-6
I am thankful that God has provided us His Son, Jesus Christ whom we can believe in, worship and follow.