We have been talking about money and the importance of saving money and giving money to God. Jonathan a major "doer" wanted to get busy right away, make some special banks and set some goals.
This is all well and good but to this point Ken and I have been the kids main employers and we just don't have the jobs available (or the finances) that match Jonathan's and the others goals. So we have been thinking and dreaming and discussing about ways that the kids could start a business, earn some money from somebody other than their parents.
Here are some of the ideas we have come up with, I would love it if you would also share any ideas you have!
- Selling homemade healthy baked goods (such as bread, cookies and muffins) to neighbors and any other customers that we can come up with.
- Mowing lawns for people (the older two have been doing our yard this year and we thought maybe next year they could branch out to doing others yards too.)
- Raking Yards.
- Pet sitting.
- Growing and selling sprouts.
- Snow shoveling.
- Make things to sell on Etsy.
- Take and sell stock photography.
- Make and sell meals (hot or frozen)
You can find more ideas at: Family Education, Money Instructor, Kid's Money, Hub Pages and Money Saving Blog.