Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Re-purposing Bed Sheets {Week 1}

 I am not sure if I will be able to keep up with a series this month or not given that we will be moving and life is pretty hectic - but I decided to give it a try. Today we are going to keep if pretty simple however.

Bed sheets do wear out eventually then it is nice to find a new purpose for them. Here is a project that works especially great if you have worn out flannel sheets and this project is super simple too!

Make handkerchiefs.
I have found that sheets will wear out in the middle and even get holes in them but around the edges there is still a bunch of good fabric. To make handkerchiefs simply cut squares from the decent fabric (the size that you like best) and then hem it simply.

  We have decided that flannel handkerchiefs are our favorite and you can make a lot from an old sheet!

 What is your favorite way to re-purpose a sheet?

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I have made lots of diapers from bedsheets. I have made some pj pants, too.

Abbi said...

Those are great ideas. Do you use flannel sheets for the diapers?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin